Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The Atlanta trip.


I went to Atlanta last weekend to visit my uncle. A friend from Malaysia was coincidentally also there to attend a biotech conference. Deciding to kill two birds with one stone, I brought them together. It was a great success as they hit it off immediately. We had a lovely time, visiting many places, eating some great home-cooked food, drinking some fine single-malt whiskey and staying up late at night every day to chit-chat. We visited Tallulah Gorge State Park, Lake Acworth, Coca-Cola Museum and Georgia Aquarium, among others. I stupidly forgot to charge my camera for the Coke and Aquarium trips, but here are some of the pictures from the lake and the park. Enjoy!


The photographer, bright-eyed, bushy-tailed and eager to get on with the job.

One of the many stunning views of Tallulah Gorge State Park. 

The leaves on the forest floor make such a lovely pattern.

They were soon running for cover. It started raining cats, dogs and horses. 

Presenting Tallulah Gorge State Park..

And to think we Malaysians actually pay money for pine cones during Christmas. 

Wildflowers are planted all along the highway. Too bad I couldn't stop for a proper picture. :(

I just had to take a pic of this fence! Okay, I'll admit it. I had to take MANY pics of this fence!

Lake Acworth was stunning, to put it mildly. 


4 comments:

Syen said...

Ooooh. Your piccies are lovely Marco! I love the fence one. And the last pic of the still water. Beautiful. =)

Nice new toy! I'm hoping to get mine. Soon.

Elie said...

Some nice shots, Marc. Check out a picture I shot about two years ago (last one). Looks a lot like your shot! Creepy!

Katie Rudolph said...

Great shots-- As many times as I've been to Atlanta, I've never quite seen such beauty. Who knew? Glad you had such a good time!

Anonymous said...

All very nice shots! I like the pine cone one most. - Diego