Monday, August 16, 2010

How Much Do I Love United? This Much.

1) I sincerely believe that the team responds to the psychic managerial commands I send it during matches.

2) My days and weeks are affected by United results. If the team loses, I have a fucked up time until they win again.

3) I didn't kill myself as a teenager because I realised that death would render me unable to watch United games.

4) My online nickname when I first started to go online was RyanTheDevil. I still use that nickname today.

5) I once participated in an online poll, where I admitted that I'd let Ryan Giggs shag my wife.

6) My grandfather's name just about edges Eric and Ryan as preferred names for my sons. And that too, isn't 100% certain.

7) I have passed the Ernest Mangnall test and look down on those who haven't. And don't even let me get started on those who don't know what the Earnest Magnall test is.

8) I've read the history of United. Numerous times.

9) I Google Manchester United several times a day. Just to make sure nothing goes on without me knowing about it.

10) I have managed United so much in Football Manager that they've demolished Old Trafford and built a new stadium called Lourdes Park in my honour.

And, if you're wondering why I always say United and not Manchester United, it's because there is only ONE United.

Glory, Glory!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ernest...the old MU manager in the old division?

Marc Lourdes said...

Club secretary actually. The term "manager" came much later. Mangnall was the first secretary/manager to win the title and FA Cup for United. And also the only man to manage both United and Citeh.

Haresh Deol said...

Hidup La Liga!

Anonymous said...

oooh....citeh really seems to be buying up success eh...another chelsea in the making?

But i think they'll have a new manager by mid season :P

Marc Lourdes said...

@Haresh: To each his own, I suppose. I remember going to the EPL Masters tournament a few months ago. There was one, single, solitary Sheffield Wednesday fan. I was, like, "Whoa! That's either a real fan, or a world-class poser!"
But, I'm sure there are even local supporters of the Romanian League, if you look hard enough.

@Anon: I'm sure all that money will eventually buy them the title. Don't think it'd be this season though. And I agree about the manager. Somehow, Mancini doesn't convince me. After all, his success with Inter only came after Juve and Milan were decimated due to Calciopoli...